If you have recently been injured in an industrial accident, construction accident, hurt on the job, or or involved in an auto accident or other motor vehicle accident while working or any other work related accident, workers compensation is available to provide no fault, wage loss and medical benefits to you.
You should report your accident immediately to your Employer and request the care of a doctor. If your Employer/Workers Compensation Insurance Company are paying benefits, you should still contact a lawyer so that you can completely understand all of the benefits you are entitled to and all of your responsibilities to the Employer and their Insurance Company to obtain your benefits.
Even though the system is supposed to be a non fault system, many times the Workers Compensation Insurance Company or your Employer fails to provide the benefits that you are entitled to under the law. When the following events occur you should contact workers compensation attorney J. Michael Brennan of J. Michael Brennan Attorney at Law, P.A. immediately:
- If you have any questions about the workers compensation system, the benefits you are entitled to and the actions you are to take to protect your interest.
- If your wage loss checks stop coming
- If your Employer does not report the accident to the Workers Compensation Insurance Company
- If your Employer or Workers Compensation Insurance Company does not send you to a doctor
- If your Employer wants to treat your injury under a health insurance policy rather than a workers compensation policy
- If your workers compensation insurance company asks you to sign a one time change of doctor form
- If you are not receiving a workers compensation check equal to 2/3 of your gross pay.
- If your employer or it’s workers compensation insurance company asks you to sign any documents and/or papers
- If your workers compensation insurance company asks you to see a new doctor when you are satisfied with your present authorized treating doctor
- If the workers compensation insurance company does not provide the medical treatment recommended by your authorized workers compensation doctor such as medication, diagnostic testing, physical therapy, referral to another doctor or surgery
- If your worker compensation insurance company states that you have made a misrepresentation
- If you are not satisfied with your workers compensation doctor’s treatment
- If your authorized workers compensation doctor releases you to return to work with restrictions and your employer will not provide you a job or a job outside your doctor’s physical restrictions
- If you are unable to return to the job in which you were injured and your workers compensation authorized doctor advised you, you are as good as you are going to get or placed at maximum medical improvement MMI
- If the Workers Compensation Insurance Company sends a nurse to attend your doctors appointment with you
- If you receive any papers or documents from the workers compensation insurance company which you do not understand
- If the workers compensation doctor authorized to treat you wants you to give up your right to a jury trial by signing an arbitration agreement
These are the reasons you should turn to J. Michael Brennan, Attorney at Law, P.A. to prevent losing any rights or benefits you have under The Florida Workers Compensation Law.
J. Michael Brennan has 47 years of experience handling workers compensation cases. He offers personalized attention to each of his clients. You can trust that he will examine every aspect of your claim. He will get started on your case right away. If necessary, he will take your case to Court to obtain the benefits you are entitled to.
If you have any questions about workers compensation, know your legal rights. Contact Attorney J. Michael Brennan, Attorney at Law, P.A. today. 772-461-2884